Empty your backpack every night - trying to get better with this, very good tip from Marie Kondo
Focus for the week - Patience
III Points 2016 -Back from Miami - Crazy good concert (Write up coming soon)
- After the concert I was interested check out some midi controllers since I was sure both Machinedrum and Flying Lotus were doing everything through Abelton Live. I looked at a comparison video with the Ableton Push 2 vs Maschine, I was left think it was worth my time to dig deeper into the Abelton workflow instead of add another program on list. I found this video with JNTHN STEIN messing with the Push and give his philosophy on how to create a beat. I enjoyed it alot
Season 3 of POWER on Starz
- What a wild show. that was one of the darker of the seasons, so much happen coming up to the season finale. The writers gracefully wrote themselves into a crazy corner. It reminds me of my winning strategy of playing Connect 4, which has me pushing my opponent into a position that either direction they go they are screwed. And not to mess up anything of this season, but that definitely the situation. Can't wait to see how they are able to solve this madding puzzle next season.
- FYI. POWER is probably one of the most well written shows on TV at the moment. The way they pit the ambitions of your past with your present day construction is amazing. (I will clearify later, but just watch it if you into crime dramas, the layers of relationship complexities is great.)
Rebuilding my list of websites I visit frequently
- http://www.betterlivingthroughdesign.com/ (Still checking out)
Solange - A Seat At The Table (2016) Album
- For the past week I have had this album consistently left on repeat. Every time I hear this album I feel so proud to be young and black at this moment of time. Hearing her and Sampha go back and forth on 'Don't Touch my Hair' feels like gospel. Throughout the album she has interludes with either her Mother or Master P dropping some knowledge and wisdom. There are so many collaborators on this album, some surprises with Blood Orange and Kindness, and Raphael Saadiq killing it throughout the majority of the album with his soulness infuses with Solange's being. She dropped two amazing visuals in tandem with the album.
- Don't Touch My Hair (Youtube)
- Cranes in the Sky (Youtube)
- Beginning Stages - A look into Solange’s songwriting process & jam sessions (Youtube) - Snapshots of the three year writing process
- List of Full Credits (Fader)
REVIT/ BIM Conversion
- At work this has been my focus, moving the firm into the 3d informational world of REVIT. It comes with as many headaches as rewards. The main listen I am learning despite software and gear, the importance of a proper and well documented workflow. In CAD we have a well developed template, which my boss created with his numerous years of experience and I have helped add to with some of my edits and improvements. That inherit to that template was a process, a defined workflow. Now moving to an new program. You got reevaluate your current process since not everything will translate effortlessly. And the additional optimizations you make you sacrifice with some decrease in speed to pick up on how the software wants to be used.
Nice looking portfolio website - http://www.asif-khan.com/
- 3 day Music Festival I am going to in Wynwood, Miami. 10/7-9
The most incredible sneakerhead unboxer I have seen, could not stop laughing (Youtube) - I want these sneakers badly.
- My new favorite podcast on current events, with a little twist of insights of race and everything else.
DJI Mavic Pro
- My new wishlist obsession. I have way too many youtube reviews on this unit, and the more I watch the less patience I have to wanting one ASAP.
- I really liked seeing Casey Neistat's take on the DJI Mavic Pro (Youtube)
- From what I can get from the countless reviews I have watch, this is the drone to get. Has way better sensors than the GoPro competitor and it just a lot smaller. I can easily throw this in my backpack without any worries on space and have it on me at all times. The video footage looks pretty damn good and everyone else concerns on softness of images seems to stem form this not being a fixed focus camera but instead a lense that is dynamic and needs to be calibrated to the shot you want to take. Which for anyone by this for cinematography that would be a key reason to get it over the other current DJI offerings.
Machinedrum - Human Energy (2016) Album
SONOS Studio LONDON
- Happened to see the cool backdrop behind Machinedrum in the DUMMY interview and I had to investigate. I really love what they are doing with this space, I love a spot like this in every city.
- Video of the space/ interview the designers (HUHmagazine) - FYI the video works!
- Pics (SONOS Studio)
606 Universal Shelving System by Dieter Rams
- Google Image Search - I want... I saw this storage system in the above Machinedrum interview in the SONOS studio and that was the main focus of my investigation. Now I got to find out the practicality and pricing to get something like this. Ouch its expensive, crossing my fingers someone is throw a set away on craigslist.
- Goals (JPG)
Nick Hook, Music Producer
- Studio Tour (Youtube)
- Rhythm Roulette (Mass Appeal / Youtube)
- Against The Clock (FACT / Youtube)
WTF - Marc Moran Interviews...
Kaytranda - Red Bull Lecture 2016
- Video interview (Youtube) - always like to hear the insights from Producers I enjoy. Kaytranda is my Haitian brother, there some about his music that inherently bounces to my internal tempo.
- Kaytranda's flip of Janet Jackson - If (Youtube) - they brought this up so much in the interview I had to visit this banger.
- Latest Music Video off his 99.9% Album - You're The One F. Syd (Youtube)
MUBI - Art House Film service I am trying out. One new film and you have 30 days from when it was posted to watch it.
My new backpack i like to show off - Timbuk2 Uptown
French Title: Respire
Director: Mélanie Laurent
Oh wow, this a definite must watch. French actress turned director, Mélanie Laurent, kills it on her directorial debut. Simply if you want to see a great example of a film that is tightly packed with all the fitting components here it is. Every word, sound, scene are there to completly serve the story and the emotional experience.
The film begins when this shy girl meets her complimentary opposite, the free spirited rebellious new student. At first their extremes serve to creating a friendship but soon enough this bond crumbles with a maddening force. The characters adapted from Anne-Sophie Brasme's novel are all very well developled and full of nuance. There are moments where you are mislead by a character's words, but with the force they leave a room you are left with their true intention. You will definitely be drawn into main protagnist's mind frame while watching this story unfold.